Not a whole lot happened today. We seem to be running ourselves into a little bit of a rut. This especially happens during the work-week because we have 3 hours of class each day followed by lunch, which is subsequently followed by homework for said classes, and by the time that is done, the only thing we can really do is activities within the town. Nate and I went on another run today. That’s two days in a row for us, and I think that my endurance is starting to come back. We ran across the river that starts near la casa and winds down adjacent to what I’m going to call la vista de alcazar; a little field that sits underneath the cliff that the famous castle sits on. After stopping to talk with some friends from our group that we ran into, we continued up the path that we normally run down. Down is the keyword. A 1 mile run down a very consistent down-slope is a lot easier to run down than up. It was tough, but I made it up near the beginning of the path. A small victory for myself; a little confidence booster in an element where I’m in perpetual need of confidence. Not traveling anywhere has kind of allowed things to settle around me. I have found comfort in and out of the classroom without the constant reminder that I’m not as good of a Spanish speaker as some people in this group. I have made exponential growth in my understanding of both the language and the culture, and if this had to start 9 days before the end of the trip, so be it. At the very least, it happened, and I’m sure that my parents and my sister will be happy to hear this.
Anyways, back to what I was saying before I went into reflection mode, we ran about 2 ½ miles. We returned to la casa, did a little more homework, took showers, then had a spectacular cena; one of the best of the trip.
After dinner, we watched the movie Walk Hard: the Dewey Cox story, and now we are sitting here, scratching our heads trying to think of something to blog about. I’m thinking that what I have so far will have to suffice.
Anyways, were taking a trip, after class tomorrow, to tour a castle, which will be a nice vacation from old churches. I think I’ve seen enough of those for this trip at least .
Hope that everything is super cool across the pond. Love you all. ¡Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment