There was absolutely nothing on the to-do list for today, so we slept in until 2. The first thing we did was have lunch. Almuerzo was pollo y pattatas fritas y ensalada con vinagre y aceite (chicken. fries, and salad with vinegar and oil). The chicken was so good that I had to ask for more. We told Maricarmen how our night was, and together we shared our thoughts on last night’s game.
After lunch we made a quick trip over to La Plaza Mayor because that is the only place that we currently know has Internet. Me, being the dumb person that I am, forgot to charge my computer enough to update my blog. This is the reason why there are three new posts today.
Anyway, after that frustrating little endeavor, we headed back to la casa, where Nate and I got ready for a run. As we headed out, we decided to take a different path, and our adventure officially began.
We took a sort of back roads path that took us along the small river that runs through the city. It took us back to the path that we had run on the other day. Somewhere between there and sanity, we missed a turn and ended up on a road that was no longer paved that scaled the side of a pretty steep hill. We hoofed it up the hill when we started to realize that this path was going to end without putting us back on a road, so we found our bearings and started climbing through the brush and thorn bushes that lay between us and what we believed was the road.
We finally reached the apex of our climb and burst through the barriers to find that we were indeed back on the road. This road took us back to alcazar where we got some water before we finished our run.
The thing that you need to know about Segovia is that the streets wind in an out every which way, and the hills really throw you off, too. Somehow I lost Nate as I was rounding the backside of La catedral into La Plaza Mayor, so I stopped and waited in front of El Centro where a couple of my classmates were using the internet. When ten minutes had elapsed and Nate still wasn’t there, I started to wonder how this situation was going to resolve itself. I had no worries about Nate getting himself back home; he had been here last year and he is probably the most proficient Spanish speaker in our group. I didn’t have my keys with me, so quite frankly, I was a little more worried for myself, but I knew where I was and how to get home, so I started to head back. I ran into several of my classmates on the way back and I asked them if they had seen Nate. Nada. So I just decided to run back home and hope that he was there. Sure enough he was, and everything was fine.
But Cena was in 2 minutes, so I had to sit at the dinner table a sweaty mess. Dinner was juevos con arroz (eggs and rice), which was pretty good. After that, I took a much-needed shower.
After Cena we hung out in Alejandro’s room and watched the movie Zombieland. Now I’m writing this blog, and hoping that I can get this up tomorrow before class. Thank you to you all for reading thus far. I hope everything is as great for everyone back home as it is for me here. ¡Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment