If you look at the time stamps from the last post to now, you will probably realize that I haven’t blogged in a couple of days. I have been a little busy with class work and have spent most of the last few days mentally exhausted. I know that I’m not taking a full work load, but I guess I’m not used to putting my brain under this much duress during the summer months. Anyways, I’m back at it for the time being.
The last day hanging with my parents (Sunday) was, as expected, a blast. The otros dos toros took an early morning bus to Madrid, and met us at our hotel. We spent the day checking out the sights again. We spent the morning at an open-air market; the biggest in Spains, and one of the biggest ones in the world. I got something for Meghan and Dave there, so the visit was fruitful. We then went to Mcdonald’s and had American fast food for the first time in god knows how long. My dad was very pleasantly surprised that they served beer at this particular McDonald’s, so he was much obliged in enjoying a cold one during lunch. After lunch, we made a visit to El Museo de Prado, where we took advantage of our ISIC cards, got a discount on our admission, and took in some priceless art including paintings by Goya, Greco, Velasquez, and Rembrandt. After sitting down with the rest of the group for late afternoon sangria and tapas, and walking around for more gift shopping, we said goodbye to my parents and headed back to Segovia. My parents are now safely back in the U.S. I am so glad that they stopped by for a little bit. I was missing home, but now I miss it a little less thanks to their visit.
That was everything of note that happened on Sunday.
We accomplished a lot in the homework department on Monday afternoon. Let’s just say that I only have to write one more paper for Cultures class while I’m here. Late classes were monotonous, and that is part of the reason I didn’t feel the need to write last night.
Today, classes were a bit more interesting. In linguistics, Nate volunteered himself and I to play out a scenario in front of the class. This practice of Spanish seemed to buoy my confidence, and I was very active for the rest of the school day. In fact, today was probably the best day of classes for me, if were going by participation. It was a pretty satisfying feeling. Hopefully, I can carry this confidence over to tomorrow.
After class, we had lunch, then hit the books hard for yet some more homework. Thank you, Lisa Kuriscak. After homework, Nate and I went out for a much-awaited, much-needed run. We took the route to Alcazar, and then sprinted through the park that is adjacent to the cliff face that the castle is perched on. We walked home; it had been a while since the last time we ran, and I kind of took the pace a little too quickly. I’m also hoping that we can become a little more regular with our runs.
After we returned, a quick shower was in order, followed by cena. Since Nate and I didn’t have any more homework to do, we watched a movie. Alejandro would join us a little later. I’m so glad that I’m not taking the conversation class that he is taking. For every one assignment that Nate and me have in our cultures class, I think Alejandro has like 3. I feel bad for the guy. This is a one-month course in a place that we’re expected to explore thoroughly during our free time. Once again, thanks, Lisa Kuriscak. (Don’t get me wrong; she’s an excellent teacher. I’m just giving her a hard time because we’ve been getting more homework than I expected to get.)
Anyways, were finally somewhat back to normal here with our routine. Nate and I are both writing our blogs and listening to music. I’m trying to get Nate into Jazz Fusion. I don’t think its working.
To Jenna Smith, Amanda Kasem, and Zach Arnett: I’ll see you guys in Cincy in 10 days!
We watched The Big Lebowski last night. In honor of that movie: Goodnight, sweet prince. (lol.)
No comments:
Post a Comment