Alcazar

Alcazar
I less spectacular view of Alcazar, but its remains something that we simply don't have in the States.

Monday, July 5, 2010

La Según Día (este día fue más corto de ayer)

I want to start off by saying that I got a great night of sleep. I’m not necessarily sure what time I went to bed, but I woke up at 9:30, and I think that I got a good nine and a half hours. It was great!!
After I woke up, I got dressed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went upstairs to have breakfast with Nate in la cocina. Breakfast was coffee and galletas de desayuno. We ate on the outside patio. The view from the patio is muy bonita. From the apartment we can see the Roman aqueducts, many churches, and other points of interest. A picture of the scenery will be posted shortly.
After breakfast and beholding the glory of this small metropolis, Nate and I proceeded to class.
My two classes were somewhat uneventful and not worthy for me to post anything about. Just know that I now have homework. Yada Yada Yada….
After Classes, Alejandro, Nate, and me returned to la casa de Maricarmen for almuerzo. Lunch was soup, pescado (fish), and papas fritas (fries). It rained for about an hour, so we waited until it was over to go for a run. Me and Nate walked to this really nice path that they have here in Segovia, but on the way we stopped at a store to look for Spanish soccer jerseys. I had my first real interaction with a native speaker without help. He told me that the jersey, without names and numbers, was 64€. After I told him that I wasn’t interested, we continued on our way to the running path.
We took the path and ran past Alcazar; yet another picture that needs to be posted, pero ahora no puedo usar el internet en mi casa … Okay… I’m really sorry, but I was having a tough time wording this in English because I’m starting to think in Spanish. It might also be because I’m starting to get tired.
We explored the north side of Segovia, a place that Nate told me Americans seldom venture out to.
After the run, we returned to la casa, and found that the Internet was working, so I quickly got on my computer to check the ol’ facebook and my email and ichat with Jenna.
After a quick shower it was time for Cena. After dinner we spent a few hours hanging out in the room, listening to music and starting our homework that isn’t due until Monday.
At about 11:45 PM, we decided that it was time to go out. We met up with another group of KIIS kids underneath the aqueducts and headed back to Oso Blanco.
After Oso Blanco, we headed to La Plaza Mayor because I wanted to take some nighttime pictures of it.
After a few snapshots and a couple of 17 year old Spanish kids asking us if we wanted to take shots with them, we were headed back home for good.
I should probably go to bed now. We’re taking a bus to Madrid at 8:45 in the morning. ¡Hasta Mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment